Monday, July 9, 2007

Don't faint
I want to post a blog now!
Today I had a student that I just dreaded to teach. He is scheduled for six classes per day for five days!
His profile said he had no computer skills, had never used PAF (Personal Ancestral File) He types with one finger only.
First the end of the story.
It was a delightful day, and one of the most successful days I have ever had. First I put him on a typing tutorial, then I taught him the difference between the screen, the CPU, and the key board.

Someone had downloaded some genealogy for him consisting of 151 names with a lot of holes in it, including his own children.

I hit the jackpot in an old prehistoric DOS file and was able to download the largest genealogy file I have ever seen...... about 12,000 names on a pedigree chart.

Of course his being the great, great Grandson of Jacob Hamblin didn't hurt.

The week will go very well because we have a lot to work on, and he has a great attitude about learning.

Moral: Never pre judge.

Bumpa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home